- This event has passed.
Looking Good: Better Slides, Better Photos
October 12, 2021 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm CDT
Have you ever wished you knew what was going on in that one not-quite-right H&E slide and how to fix it? How many ways can IHC go wrong? Do you want to take gross images that make everyone go “Oooooooooh!” and help you win the Foundations’ monthly image contest? What’s the best way to prepare images for JVDI and Veterinary Pathology, as well as other journals? Join us Tuesday, October 12 from 9:00am to 4:00pm US CDT for this fantastic virtual day seminar where you will get answers to all of this and more. Nicole Leon, histotechnologist extraordinaire, will walk you through artifacts on H&E slides and how to fix them, Patty Pesavento will coach you on IHC, David Garnick will show you some real pro tips (from a real professional photographer!) on getting stunning gross shots, and Drs. Paco Uzal and Debbie Gillette will tell you how to make those journal image editors happy. This seminar is going to be one you won’t want to miss!! As usual, registrants will get access to the recorded seminar for 14 days in case you can’t watch it in real time.
- 9:00-10:30am Nicole Leon, BS, HTL (ASCP) – It Could Happen To You: Hematoxylin and Eosin Staining Artifacts
- 10:30-12:00 Patty Pesavento, DVM, PhD, DACVP – IHC and ISH: The strengths, the limitations, and how to best present your results
- 12:00-1:00 LUNCH
- 1:00-2:30pm David Garnick, BS, MS, PhD – Gross Photography Techniques
- 2:30-4:00pm Paco Uzal, DVM, MSc, PhD, DACVP – Image solutions for publishing in JVDI
- Debbie Gillette, DVM, PhD, DACVP – Image solutions for publishing in Veterinary Pathology
Registration is $50 USD, please click here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_qBNMZ58pSxm0IWykhjh6aA. This seminar will be approved for 6 hours of RACE CE and 4 ACVP MOC credits.