- This event has passed.
2022 General Pathology Review Course
Are you ready for 2022? Because we are! It’s time to save the date for the acclaimed yearly General Pathology Review Course, which will take place the week of January 31 – February 4, 2022. This course will grant you access to comprehensive lectures on cell adaptations, tissue repair, inflammation, hemodynamics, pathogenesis, immunity, neoplasia, and more…!
The instructors will deliver their top-notch lectures virtually in 2022, which allows participants all over the world to join the course and master Gen Path! If you have to register as a non-member, note that the extra $100 will get you a year of membership and a copy of the most recent fascicle!
$275 members/$375 non-members – Live participation (via Zoom) includes access to a special Canvas course, materials in advance, breakout group dynamics, mock exams and real-time discussion + Q&A with instructors.
$125 members/$225 non-members – Rebroadcast registration includes access to the recorded lectures and handout materials only. No mock exams, breakout dynamics, or Q&A will be available.
- Cell adaptations, injury, and death (Dr. James Stanton): hyperplasia, hypertrophy, atrophy, patterns and types of necrosis, apoptosis, autophagy, accumulations
- Tissue repair (Dr. Erin Ball): proliferation, cell cycle, ECM, healing, fibrosis, growth factors
- Acute inflammation (Dr. Erin Ball): vascular, leukocytes, cell and plasma derived mediators of inflammation, recruitment, recognition, removal, morphologic patterns
- Chronic inflammation (Dr. Erin Ball): causes, macrophages, phagocytosis, systemic effects of inflammation consequences of chronic inflammation
- Hemodynamics (Dr. R. Darren Wood): homostasis, thrombosis, vascular disease
- Diagnostic tests (Dr. Patricia Pesavento): innate, adaptive, autoimmune, lymphocyte activation, hypersensitivity, autoimmunity, immune deficiency
- Microbial pathogenesis (Dr. Patricia Pesavento): general principles of pathogenesis, mechanisms of bacterial injury, Mechanisms of viral injury, acute and chronic diseases
- Immunity (Dr. Kaori Sakamoto): innate, adaptive, autoimmune, lymphocyte activation, hypersensitivity, autoimmunity, immune deficiency
- Neoplasia (Dr. Kevin Woolard): characteristics, molecular basis and mechanisms, multi-step carcinogenesis, metabolic alterations, malignancy, host defense
- Tox Path (Dr. Jairo Nunes): basic principles of toxicity, molecular pathways, routes of absorption, distribution key attributes, biotransformation