As we do at the start of every year, the Davis-Thompson Foundation conducts its annual membership drive. We hope that you will consider initiating or renewing your corporate membership for 2022.
Why should your organization become a corporate member of the Davis-Thompson Foundation? There are many reasons why corporations support the Foundation through their memberships, and here are only a few:
- By supporting the Foundation, you support pathology and lab animal medicine education around the world. In the last two years, the Foundation has begun an unprecedented electronic outreach program that is unmatched by any other organization in our field. The Foundation is the leading provider of FREE educational resources for veterinary pathologists around the world. In the last year, the Foundation has doubled the images in Noah’s Arkive, which it acquired in 2017, making these images available for students and teachers around the world. The Foundation’s YouTube page contains over 225 hours of lectures from its Faculty and from its courses around the world – and that number continues to grow! Finally, in 2018, the Foundation set up its first virtual slide server, which we are e stocking with diagnostic cases from our four annual slide seminars.
- The Davis Foundation is truly an international operation, with over 50 courses and recurring seminars planned on six continents given in multiple languages.
- Many (if not all) of your pathologists have benefited from Foundation courses, tutorials, and publications during their career, and especially during their years in training. Within Europe, Africa, Asia, Australasia, Latin America or North America, the Foundation provides training in general, veterinary, and toxicologic pathology which has enabled many of your employees not only to achieve specialty certification but also to remain on the cutting edge of their specialty. Your donation will, in addition to all of the other great reasons outlined below, let your pathologists and lab animal practitioners know you care about them, their history, and their future.
- By supporting the Foundation, your pathologists get great discounts on Foundation courses. Each year, members receive 10-20% off of tuition on all of our courses – when you combine the Foundation’s high-quality continuing education and low-cost CE credits, that‘s a fantastic deal! Moreover, some of our courses, including the Foundation’s day-seminars on toxicologic pathology in the Northeast US, are free to members!
- By supporting the Foundation, you can support your friends, colleagues, and faculty members who volunteer their time and energy as our speakers, course directors, and officers on a wholly volunteer basis. The Foundation has no endowment, so each year, we must raise the funds to continue to hold courses, publish online materials, and establish study centers around the world.
- Finally, all memberships are counted as donations to the Foundation, a publicly donative charity and fully deductible from your US income tax.
All of these are great reasons to support the Foundation, and the easiest way to do this is by becoming a corporate member, with memberships starting as low as $1000. With one donation, all of your pathologists and lab animal practitioners receive all of these benefits, and your organization will be known around the world as a supporter of veterinary pathology.
As a thank you for your membership, you will receive a full set of the currently published volumes of the Foundation’s series on the Surgical Pathology of the Tumors of Domestic Animals, series 3, and it will be sent to the address of the responsible administrative person as completed below.
Paco Uzal, DVM, PhD, DACVP
Chairman, Board of Directors, Davis-Thompson Foundation